Sunday, July 18, 2010

Christian Beliefs Being Forced down Our Throats!!


Just when I thought that religious tolerance was getting better we all took about ten steps backwards!!!! People don't say much to me on this topic mostly because I have strong convictions......I think. Many of my friends just say its cause I scare people!!!!! *laffin hard*

I go to a site called Religious tolerance every once in awhile and read what others have to say....and see how they feel....blah...blah...blah!!! I near about fell right off my chair when I saw in plain print an essay on how they think we should have the Lords Prayer and the Ten Commandments posted and mandatory in not only every school but every classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Errrrrrrrckk.....free will just came to a screeching halt!!!!

I'm astounded, shocked, and disappointed at the ignorance of some people. Our country prides itself on being multicultural. As Canadians we embrace people for their differences and brag about being the tolerant country. I'm flabbergasted to say the least when I read such drivel. As anyone venturing onto my site can see I am a very proud Pagan. I don't judge nor do I try to convert people to my way of thinking. We believe in the free will of everyone. However in saying this I'm appalled when Christians don't exhibit the same courtesy. The Ten Commandments are a great guideline for being a good person and the Lords Prayer is wonderful if you follow that path.....what if you don't???

In being a multicultural country should we not make room for different cultures and religions??? What are they afraid of???? Maybe instead of having the Lords Prayer we could have a moment of silence for each person to pray to their God of understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead of trying to make people conform why not embrace their differences???

1 comment:

  1. You scare people.........noooooo, I don't believe it!!! lol Well hunnie, honestly, we shouldn't be surprised by any of this. The intolerance of the Christian faith will be ongoing. I don't believe that will ever change. Hence why I am a proud Pagan as well. If nothing else, we can always say our hearts and intentions are pure. :) Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete